Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
rdhawan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Oracle Audit Vault DB Version 12.2 Smart Connector

Has anyone started collecting logs from "Oracle Audit vault DB" version 12.2, apparently HP ArcSight Smart Connector for this only supports upto version 10.3, just wondering if anyone is collecting these logs are they still using the old connector or have they gone a Oracle Syslog route?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Oracle Audit Vault DB Version 12.2 Smart Connector

Good question! Seems that its not been updated for a while!

Might be worth a try. Worst case is that it bombs out and can't run the query against the database. Best case is that it works! Most probable case is that it is somewhere in the middle with a query that works but data in the wrong fields. Let us know how you get on, as a parser override for a DB query should be pretty simple.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. sumit.vishwakar Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Any luck ?

Have you tried this integration.

0 Likes
salvatore.alba@ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi All,

Any news on the 12.2 support? Has anyone opened a ticket with Support team?

Thanks,

Salvatore

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey salvatore.alba@

The latest updated supported products lists does include 12cR1, so as long as there wasn't any major changes in logging it should be fine.

EDIT:

That was not for Audit Vault DB though, here is the supported list, maybe if you can use the unified audit trail, or Audit DB/Syslog?

Oracle Audit DB 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 11gR2, 12cR1
Oracle Audit Syslog 10g, 11g, 11gR2, 12cR1
Oracle Audit Vault DB 10.2, 10.3
Oracle Audit XML File Oracle database versions 11g, 11gR2, 12cR1
Oracle Solaris Basic Security Module Solaris SPARC versions 10, 11, and x86 version 11
Oracle Solaris Basic Security Module Syslog Solaris SPARC versions 10 and 11 and Solaris 11 x86
Oracle SYSDBA Audit Multiple Folder Oracle Database versions 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 11gr2, 12cR1
Oracle Audit Unified Audit Trail DB Oracle Database version 12c
Oracle WebLogic Server File WebLogic Server 10.3.3, 12.0.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
salvatore.alba@ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi @Marius2 

Thanks for your response, in the end we are using a Flex Connector for the moment.

Regards,

Salvatore

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.