altangerel1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle CLOB field problem

I faced the problem with getting Oracle CLOB field using ID based flex  connector. CLOB field is not getting populated properly. When I map it to any field of an event, it's displayed as such "oracle.clob..." on the Active channel. Is there  any way to get Oracle CLOB field using flex connector?

Do you have any experience with this?

Regards,

Altangerel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Florian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle CLOB field problem - parse xml file in DB

Hi,

did you get any reply or did you solve the issue otherwise?

I am currently facing the same problem where an XML File is saved as a clob in the database and I don't how to extraxt/parse the information from this file.

Regards

Florian

0 Likes
altangerel1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle CLOB field problem - parse xml file in DB

Hi Florian,

I've solved this problem using CAST. If you want to map CLOB field to any evend field, you need to do type casting. My solution is as below:

CAST(column as varchar(2048)),

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Altangerel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Bechara Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Oracle CLOB field problem

where did you use the cast? in the flex.properties? or you did you use in oracle and create a new column?

it possible to show me how?

0 Likes
rhope Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Oracle CLOB field problem

Do it in the select statement

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.