Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. yurlov.a Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Package installation error. Can I remove resource from .arb?

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Recently, I've faced with .arb installation trouble. I created and exported it without errors. I can import it without installation.

When I start to install package, there are no permissions and cache problems. The next error occurs at a specific filter: com.arcsight.common.persist.PersistenceException: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'zone_definition' at row 1. This error stop installation. I found this resource in package content.

How can I remove this filter or exclude it for correct package installation? Can I install package content even with errors to find and fix problems after installation?

Regards,

Alexander

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aleccese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Package installation error. Can I remove resource from .arb?

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

you can try this. The ".arb" file is a compressed zip file. You can unzip it, manually modify the xml file contained, pack it again and try to import it. Obviously you should remove from the XML file the problematic filter.

Bye

Alex

0 Likes
4 Replies
Aleccese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

can't you export the package again excluding the problematic resource?

Bye

Alex

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, Alex.

Thanks for your answer, but it is not possible(

Regards,

Alexander.

0 Likes
Aleccese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

you can try this. The ".arb" file is a compressed zip file. You can unzip it, manually modify the xml file contained, pack it again and try to import it. Obviously you should remove from the XML file the problematic filter.

Bye

Alex

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks, it works!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.