Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
rkent1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Pass parameters to ESM Console?

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to pass a parameter (a manager hostname) to the ESM console client, such that when launched, it pre-populates the login window with a Manager URL and a user name?

p724_console.png

I'm hoping that someone else working in an MSSP environment has figured this out. (or any other situation where you log into a large number of environments using the same console)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Funtik1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Pass parameters to ESM Console?

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

cd $ARCSIGHT_HOME/Console6.5/current/bin/

./arcsight console -u user -p passwd -m managerhost

0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

I haven't came across any requirement like this.But wen I tried this now. I got it half way by editing the console.properties as below. For Username which is External Authentication enabled in our case didn't allow me. Try to use it in ur Build In Authentication environment and let me know. Maybe u need to overlook some scripts launched by the console.bat

SystemRoot=C:\\Windows

fips.enabled=false

server.hostname=com.au

server.username=abcd

server.port=8443

server.proxy.enabled=false

console.ui.browser=C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE

console.multiUserInstall=false

DataIn.JPG

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hehe it's a petty requirement, I know.

As an example though, our intent is to have shortcut icons on our desktop that say:

• ESM Console - Cust 1
  • ESM Console - Cust 2
  • ESM Console Cust 50

*without* having 50 installations of the ESM Console installed on that machine. We currently use about 3 different console versions (Exp 4.0, ESM, 6.5 and 6.8) so would like to use set up 'customer-specific' shortcuts for each, to reduce the number of failed logins/lockouts that we encounter as we grow our customer base.

0 Likes
Funtik1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

cd $ARCSIGHT_HOME/Console6.5/current/bin/

./arcsight console -u user -p passwd -m managerhost

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Booya! This is the moneyshot.

So I had obviously tried doing something like this using the Console.exe and passing similar/any parameters did not work, but using the arcsight.bat console command did work.

Thanks Maxim.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.