Highlighted
New Member.

Patch Logger 6.1 for GHOST

Jump to solution

If upgrading a Logger 6.0 P1 to Logger 6.1, we may perform an OS upgrade on the way (RHEL 6.2 to RHEL 6.5 in my case). This has not previously been patched for GHOST. Do we need to apply the GHOST patch after the upgrades?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Thank you, Lar. This is a better clarification.

"

• Upgrade to Logger 6.1
  • Apply the GHOST.enc hotfix included in the Logger 6.01 appliance media on SSO.

"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Vijay,

Just to be 100%

Appliances running RHEL 6.x, either:

• Upgrade to Logger 6.1
  • Apply the GHOST.enc hotfix included in the Logger 6.01 appliance media on SSO.

notice "either" ->

so either upgrade to 6.1 (which requires OS upgrade to 6.6 - and this is covering Ghost)

or

apply ghost.enc

Thanks you for response.

Lar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Vijay,

Im in the process of upgrading the logger from 6.0.0.7307.1 to 6.1 version. We have the OS RHEL 5.5 and logger model is L7400. Could you please help me with the process which OS I need to upgrade or can I go with the Ghost patch inorder to upgrade the logger to 6.1

Regards

Hari

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

There is no OS upgrade if your Logger is on RHEL 5.5. You can proceed to apply the GHOST patch after upgrading to 6.1.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.