Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
rayrp1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Permissions to connectors on the ConnApp

I have a connector server with all connectors showing connection refused/down. When I SSH into the back end and run the command "service arc_connector# start/stop/restart" I receive an output saying "chmod: changing permissions of ../../user/agent/agent.wrapper.conf :Read-only file system". I receive a similar response if I try to uninstall the connector or remove the connector directory. I am logged in as root, so I don't understand how that is possible. Several sources I search point to the physical volumes permissions might be corrupted, or not mounted properly. I am fairly new to Linux and have never dealt with this type of issue. Any help is Greatly Appreciated.`

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Permissions to connectors on the ConnApp

HI Ray,

Do you able to see the files permission and change it access type ?

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

With ArcMC, Connector Appliance and a mixture of the two, it is expected that the software uses a specific user, which is 'arcsight' for the software and the services. If you are getting an error from the start up script, then it is attempting to start up the service as this user and it is failing - probably due to the permissions for that user.

I would check out the folder where the software is installed (should be /opt/arcsight/....) and see from there. You might need to reset the rights for the folder using the chmod and chgrp commands - check in the folder that reports this (from the failed message above) and post this up - run 'ls -al' to get a list of the folder and owners. We can then work on what to do from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
rayrp1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you for the responses, the issue has been fixed; the drive was corrupt causing a mount issue. We replaced the corrupted drive and mounted the new one with mount permissions. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.