Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Rename OS-User "arcsight" for ESM 6.*c

Jump to solution

Hi there!

According to our company compliance, we have to follow a naming policy for technical users. Based on that, the name "arcsight" as OS user is not allowed.

Since installing ESM with a different name than "arcsight" is not possible - can we safely rename the user after installing the software? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks and regards

Tobias

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi everyone!

To use a name at our option for installing and running ArcSight ESM 6.0c/6.5c, I have filed the following Feature Request:

ESM-51409 - Use another name for OS-User than "arcsight"

Anyone feel free to get you attached to this ticket for increasing the priority.

Cheers

Tobias

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had raised the question to ArcSight, whether there is a chance to install ESM as a different user than "arcsight". They claimed it's not possible and there were no plans to change that behaviour. Perhaps it's worth a feature request.

However, I like your idea. Why don't you try it? Perhaps we can benefit from your research.

Regards,

Heiko

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Heiko!

Of course I will try it once I have the OS to test. But maybe someone has done that before and can share his findings Otherwise I'll do.

But...chances are that we are running off support if we rename the user. Therefore I guess it's better to alter my ongoing support ticket in a feature request and provide the number here. If many customers will attach to that, maybe "they" overthink their plans and different names will get supported.

best regards to DUS!

Tobias

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi everyone!

To use a name at our option for installing and running ArcSight ESM 6.0c/6.5c, I have filed the following Feature Request:

ESM-51409 - Use another name for OS-User than "arcsight"

Anyone feel free to get you attached to this ticket for increasing the priority.

Cheers

Tobias

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.