Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
salvatore.alba@ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Rename a SmartConnector in ESM

Hi All,

Just wanted to share the steps I use to rename a SmartConnector in ESM.

To rename a SmartConnector that you have already installed on ESM, simply:

1. Browse to the SmartConnector installation folder ..\current\user\agent and look for the .XML for that Connector.
  2. Make sure the .XML filename matches the SmartConnector, as you can see it in ESM Console right-hand panel:
    1. In ESM, right-click the Connector > Configure
    2. Look on the right-hand panel for the ''Connector ID'"
  3. Open the .XML file and look for '"AgentName=""
  4. Rename the Connector and Save the file.
  5. Rerun the Connector setup: ..\current\bin\runagentsetup.bat
  6. Reregister the Connector
  7. Verify that the renamed Connector shows up in ESM, and delete the old Connector.

Hope this helps, as far as I know this is unsupported by ArcSight Support, but it work.

There may be some implication and effects may propagate, but i have not had issues so far.

Enjoy!

Salvatore

1 Reply
SIEM-TECH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Rename a SmartConnector in ESM

Salvatore,

Good stuff...

In addition to your directions, if you have multiple residual XML's  in */current/user/agent/ you can -

$ cat */current/user/agent/agent.properties | grep agentid and that will spit out the XML in use for edit.

-Mike

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.