Rename a SmartConnector in ESM
Just wanted to share the steps I use to rename a SmartConnector in ESM.
To rename a SmartConnector that you have already installed on ESM, simply:
- Browse to the SmartConnector installation folder ..\current\user\agent and look for the .XML for that Connector.
- Make sure the .XML filename matches the SmartConnector, as you can see it in ESM Console right-hand panel:
- In ESM, right-click the Connector > Configure
- Look on the right-hand panel for the ''Connector ID'"
- Open the .XML file and look for '"AgentName=""
- Rename the Connector and Save the file.
- Rerun the Connector setup: ..\current\bin\runagentsetup.bat
- Reregister the Connector
- Verify that the renamed Connector shows up in ESM, and delete the old Connector.
Hope this helps, as far as I know this is unsupported by ArcSight Support, but it work.
There may be some implication and effects may propagate, but i have not had issues so far.
Re: Rename a SmartConnector in ESM
In addition to your directions, if you have multiple residual XML's in */current/user/agent/ you can -
$ cat */current/user/agent/agent.properties | grep agentid and that will spit out the XML in use for edit.