Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Renaming connector on Arcsight Connector Appliance

Jump to solution

Good afternoon,

Maybe this is too simple, I just want to change the connector's name(from connector appliance), how can I do it?

it could be done from CA web Interface?

I have read the manual, and I searched on connector propperties(connector Parameters, edit destination, edit run time params)  but I don't find where I can do this change, has anyone knows where/how to?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Karl.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Good afternoon,

From support:

Unfortunately there is no such provision to rename a connector from the Conapp UI console at present.

However, We 'did it':

1st: create a new connector, with same configuration(but different ports).

2nd: stop old connector

3rd: change ports(from the old one to the new one)

4th: start the new connector

We have asked for that new feature, beacuse rename it much simpler.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I don't believe that you can change the name of the connector.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

In that case, it is a pity.. because in our scenario We need to rename one connector. Does anyone knows if a connector can be renamed?

regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Good afternoon,

From support:

Unfortunately there is no such provision to rename a connector from the Conapp UI console at present.

However, We 'did it':

1st: create a new connector, with same configuration(but different ports).

2nd: stop old connector

3rd: change ports(from the old one to the new one)

4th: start the new connector

We have asked for that new feature, beacuse rename it much simpler.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Karl,

I also had a somewhat similar issue and I found another workaround that works for the most part. Trick is to make sure you delete the connector in the ESM first then remove the destination on the connector at the Connector Appliance UI and add it a new. If it picks up a random number as connector name just rename it at ESM level and after a few refreshes at CA it will pick up the name from ESM. I haven't tried renaming one that I just wanted to change name in CA yet but I am going to test this from ESM and see if it works.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.