PeSeKa Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Replace active list field value

Jump to solution

Hi, I want to replace the value of a field in to my active list. I have an active list populate by a rule, and I want to replace the filed value of "Device Custom Number x " with a my custom string. I.E. Device custom Number 1 = 3, replace with Device Custom Number = Network Connection. Thanks

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.. jorgeoa Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Replace active list field value

Jump to solution

You have to create a new list with a column of type String to store this value, and modify the rule to use that new list and store the corresponding value. If the string you want to store doesn't match exactly a field of the event, you have to create a local variable in the rule to "concatenate" all the values and store that variable in the list

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Jose,

Do you want to replace the values already stored in the active list or modify the rule to store in that column a different value instead the field DeviceCustomNumber1?

The active list column where you are storing the field CustomNumber1 is of type Number so you can't store a String in it. If you need to store a String you need to create a new list.

Could you give us more details about your real use case?

Regards

0 Likes
PeSeKa Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I want to modify the rule to store in that column a different value instead the field DeviceCustomNumber1. In particulary, I have a rule that populates an active list, and in the active list there is a column "deviceCustomNumber1" that indicates the (Windows Security log event) "logon type" (= 2,3,4,5,6,7) and I want to replace this number with a string (i.e.: 2 = Interactive (logon at keyboard and screen of system).

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

You have to create a new list with a column of type String to store this value, and modify the rule to use that new list and store the corresponding value. If the string you want to store doesn't match exactly a field of the event, you have to create a local variable in the rule to "concatenate" all the values and store that variable in the list

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.