Highlighted
Member.. Hitesh4
Member..

Report was not archieved

Jump to solution

Hi Geeks,

I have scheduled a report in ESM console and set the Job to run on daily basis but the result in somewhat unexpected as below:

1) I received the email notifications on my mail "Report was not archived because it was found to be empty." but no report was attached with the email and report was not archived to the folder which I specified..

2) When i tried to run the report manually , I got the empty report (Of course which have not data as  per conditions given ) and also it saved in archived folder.

But problem arise in scheduled report. Did anyone face this problem earlier or anyone knows the solution.....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jesper_Bassoe Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Report was not archieved

Jump to solution

Hi..

This can be defined in server.properties

# Indicate whether scheduled reports that are "empty" need to be archived (true) or or not (false)
report.scheduler.archive_empty_reports=true
# Indicate whether scheduled reports that are "empty" need to be emailed (true) or or not (false)
report.scheduler.notify_empty_reports=true

6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello Hitesh,

so let me understand you want to receive the empty report attached to the e-mail right?

What version of ESM do you have and on which patch is installed on it?

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
gargSaab Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

No , Its not about empty report. Usually when we schedule a report, We received report either report have data or not. but in my case I got email "Report was not archived because it was found to be empty " and no report was attached with the email, so does it mean report was not triggered properly ?

but when I run it manually through report ----> run , it run successfully with an empty report attached and also save in achieve folder as well.

So Do I problem in schedule report ?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi..

This can be defined in server.properties

# Indicate whether scheduled reports that are "empty" need to be archived (true) or or not (false)
# Indicate whether scheduled reports that are "empty" need to be emailed (true) or or not (false)

gargSaab Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jesper,

I want to implement this solution but particularly for a single report in my console. I do not want to stop empty report notification for all reports but only for a single report, Is it possible whether I define a this report name or something in agent.property file or the before parameter you have provided to me...........

Response will be highly appreciated.......

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure that's not possible.. The setting is global and you can't set that option in a specific report

You can always submit it as a feature request at MF Support-----And hope and pray 😉

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello,

Jesper solution it's the one that's works.

I the past even if you configured this it did not work and it was a known bug at least ArcSight ESM 7.0 and ESM 7.0P1. They fix it on Patch 2

Now related yo your last request " I do not want to stop empty report notification for all reports but only for a single report" this is not possible. The configuration will be applied to all reports.

As Jesper informed you already if you have a "strong" business case then you can open a ticket and request a feature request.

all the best,

Daniel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.