ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reporting problems

I'm having some problems with a report. It is generated from a trend. (See picture)

Trend.JPG

Part of the report is failed logins - MS event ID 4625.

This is displayed in both a chart and in a table

Problem is the sum of 'Count(External ID)' in the table is not summed up - It works just fine in the chart

Table.JPG

Chart.JPG

This is the properties from the table part in the report

Report.JPG

Am I missing something obvious here ?

I have tried changing column 2 function from 'SUM' to 'Average' and 'MIN' and 'MAX' but the result is the same.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Try only the following two fields in the table: target username and count (external id).

Probably this will work this has to do with deviations inside the other extra fields (flex string and device custom string) you are using they also need to be exactly the same.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jurgen..

Thank you for your answer..

I've now tried with just the Target Username and Count(External ID) and just only Count(External ID) - This did unfortunately not work..

Regards

Jesper

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I haven't tested it (I'm at home and not inclined to log in to work) but I think you need to group By Target User Name, though I'd normally do this in the query 

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

This is possibly a "grouping" problem, try just removing all the grouping fields, and try it again.

And i also like Richard do this in query, never in the report.

Why? because when you adjust your settings on the query. The query gets "unloaded" from the report table/chart and you will need to set these things all over again (this doesn't count for the "conditions" tab on the query).

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I've changed the Group by in the queries so that Target User Name is at the top..

I will wait a few days to see if it works..

But what I find odd is that it works fine in the chart and the chart is based on the exact same trend as the table..

Regards

Jesper

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi jesper,

The problem lies in the query not in the trend table data, You're using the same query for a chart which is only using two inputs (or three) and doesn't need any special grouping, unlike a table, because of this the table is more sensitive to what you put into the query. I hope this clears things up for you. therefor do not underestimate the power of grouping and sorting when it comes to query's to fill tables.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've been testing this this morning, grouping in the report is not going to behave the way you want it to (Grouping in the report is simply for presentation purposes).  You'll need to modify the query that you are using as a data source to be something like the below in you want simply a count per user as reflected in your chart.  If you want a more detailed breakdown with the Flex and Device Custom strings included then you will need to use a combination of this type of query and grouping in the Report for presentation.

grouping.PNG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.