I'm having some problems with a report. It is generated from a trend. (See picture)
Part of the report is failed logins - MS event ID 4625.
This is displayed in both a chart and in a table
Problem is the sum of 'Count(External ID)' in the table is not summed up - It works just fine in the chart
This is the properties from the table part in the report
Am I missing something obvious here ?
I have tried changing column 2 function from 'SUM' to 'Average' and 'MIN' and 'MAX' but the result is the same.
Try only the following two fields in the table: target username and count (external id).
Probably this will work this has to do with deviations inside the other extra fields (flex string and device custom string) you are using they also need to be exactly the same.
Thank you for your answer..
I've now tried with just the Target Username and Count(External ID) and just only Count(External ID) - This did unfortunately not work..
This is possibly a "grouping" problem, try just removing all the grouping fields, and try it again.
And i also like Richard do this in query, never in the report.
Why? because when you adjust your settings on the query. The query gets "unloaded" from the report table/chart and you will need to set these things all over again (this doesn't count for the "conditions" tab on the query).
So I've changed the Group by in the queries so that Target User Name is at the top..
I will wait a few days to see if it works..
But what I find odd is that it works fine in the chart and the chart is based on the exact same trend as the table..
The problem lies in the query not in the trend table data, You're using the same query for a chart which is only using two inputs (or three) and doesn't need any special grouping, unlike a table, because of this the table is more sensitive to what you put into the query. I hope this clears things up for you. therefor do not underestimate the power of grouping and sorting when it comes to query's to fill tables.
I've been testing this this morning, grouping in the report is not going to behave the way you want it to (Grouping in the report is simply for presentation purposes). You'll need to modify the query that you are using as a data source to be something like the below in you want simply a count per user as reflected in your chart. If you want a more detailed breakdown with the Flex and Device Custom strings included then you will need to use a combination of this type of query and grouping in the Report for presentation.