Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rule Condition: inActiveList condition evaluating Count field as Greater or Less than

Jump to solution

Is it possible to have an evaluation of something in an Active List with a real-time rule that only cares and takes action if the count of those entries in the list is greater than or less than a specified number?

For example, I have a rule that adds domain users to a list that contains a username and hostname of a systems that are being logged into. User 'JSMITH' logs into domain.system 10 times over the course of a day. I want to create a rule that sees JSMITH logging in, checks to see if he exists in my list, and then looks at the Count field. If it's less than 10, it ignores it. If JSMITH has already logged in 10 times before the entry expires off the AL, I want the rule to take an action.

The problem is, when you create an InActiveList condition on a rule, it only gives you the option to map user defined fields, not anything like the Count, Date Created or Date Modified fields. Even if you could map them, I'm not sure how you'd be able to do a greater/less than because it seems to be limited to equals only.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjohnston Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rule Condition: inActiveList condition evaluating Count field as Greater or Less than

Jump to solution

Hi Evan,

You need to define a Local Variable using the GetActiveListValue function. You can then use the looked-up count in your rule conditions.

Cheers,

Mat

0 Likes
2 Replies
mjohnston Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rule Condition: inActiveList condition evaluating Count field as Greater or Less than

Jump to solution

Hi Evan,

You need to define a Local Variable using the GetActiveListValue function. You can then use the looked-up count in your rule conditions.

Cheers,

Mat

0 Likes
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I just now remembered this method and was getting ready to pull my question. Thank you for the reminder!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.