Highlighted
hima.cholakurus Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Rule condition for checking only 1 field in the active list which contain 2 fields

Hi,

I am  currently using ESM 6.9.1.

I need to create an active list which contain 2 fields say TEXT1 and TEXT2.And i need to create 2 rules.Say rule1 and rule2.Rule 1 will be searching for both the fields TEXT1 and TEXT2 in the active list.Whereas Rule2 needs to search only for 1 value say TEXT1 in the active list.But how can i create the condition in such  a way that it needs to check only for TEXT1 value and dont search for TEXT2?

Thanks in advance,

Hima

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Honored Contributor.. wsladek1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Rule condition for checking only 1 field in the active list which contain 2 fields

Can you create two lists?  One that has both TEXT1 and TEXT2, then a second list that only has TEXT1.  Rule one checks first list, Rule two checks second list.

Or, you might be able to use a list w/ a key (IE TEXT1 is a key field).  Create a variable in Rule one to lookup the list value, then in the 'Conditions' tab set the appropriate values for TEXT1 and TEXT2.  Rule 2 would just use 'InActiveList' Condition for the key field (TEXT1)....  This route may not work depending on the data in the lists and/or your use case though.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.