sudakov-a@gaz-i1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Russification in ArcSight ESM

Jump to solution

All greetings

Whether probably russification in ArcSight ESM?
Can eat what additional unit?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Russification in ArcSight ESM

Jump to solution

Please write in Russian using small sentences and i will try to translate using Google.

Напишите на русском языке. Напишите небольшой предложений. Я буду переводить с Google.

I think Alexey is asking if the ESM console can operate in the Russian language.

-Joe

PS:  I have no Russian language skills, but I'll try to help!

0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please write in Russian using small sentences and i will try to translate using Google.

Напишите на русском языке. Напишите небольшой предложений. Я буду переводить с Google.

I think Alexey is asking if the ESM console can operate in the Russian language.

-Joe

PS:  I have no Russian language skills, but I'll try to help!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes.
The ESM console can operate in the Russian language ?
0 Likes
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Alexey,

For ESM to be offered in Russian, this probably means several things:

• ESM will accept events that contain Cyrillic characters
  • ESM will allow resources to be named using Cyrillic characters
  • The ESM console uses Russian to label it's navigation, etc
  • There is at least some basic documentation on ESM available in Russian

I'm going to direct a few people to this thread to see if someone knows the answer to these questions.

-Joe

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe.

0 Likes
Till
New Member.

Jump to solution

Alexey,

I am the responsible Sales Engineer for the Russian market and I am tracking those requests. If you could please send me a personal message with the customer name you work for and the use case why Russian language support in the console is important for you, then I would appreciate that.

thanks, Till

0 Likes
jbur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I did some checking and ESM is not available in Russian at all.  However, someone on the forum might know of a non-supported way to get the Russian language in ESM.

-Joe

0 Likes
Rodion Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Formally, ArcSight ESM use UTF-8 for string data, and, support Cyrillic in all components and fields. Any reports or DashBoards may contain Cyrillic data as well.

Localisation of any software is quite hard task - you need to found not only translation of words and phrases, but translate it and not lose meaning of term being translated.

Как русский, занимавшийся русификацией продуктов по ИБ, скажу, что это зачастую пустая трата времени - любой маломальски грамотный системный администратор, тем паче программист, умеет читать английские слова и фразы в интерфейсе программ. Потом, есть много слов, которые по русскии, без англицизмов, одим словом выражены быть не могут, просто по той причине, нет устоявшегося русского короткого термина. В итоге - учите английский, для понимания интерфейса нужно будет всего слов 300-400. готов продолжить дискуссию - rodionc@gmail.com

As addition, using files in %ArcSight_web%\i18n\webserver you can cripple ArcSight Web interface for non-eneglish speacking "specialsits".

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

В дополнение: Если русификация будет являтья отдим из требований довольно значительного контракта, то российскй(е) партнёр(ы) могут этим вопросом заняться.

Additionally: If Russian localisation will be an requirement in large enought contract, local Russian partner(s) can solve this issue.

0 Likes
a2g Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Хорошо сказано, Родион.   ESM поддерживает 'события' с кириллицей в полях, а руссификация самого интерфейса не стоит усилий, на данный момент - процент пользователей не говорящих по английски очень мал.

Well said, Rodion.  ESM support events containing cyrillic characters in the fields, and the internationalization of the Console interface would not really be worth the effort at this point, since the percentage of non-English speaking users is very small.

A.

0 Likes
dmitryz Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Родион, Антон.

Вы, эти картинки имели в виду когда говорили "ESM поддерживает 'события' с кириллицей в полях"?

case1.png

case2.png

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

В данных картинках приведена попытка русификации полей Консоли.

Под фразой ""ESM поддерживает 'события' с кириллицей в полях" имеетси ввиду, что если имя пользователя будет ВасяПетров, то в поле sourceUserName в ActiveChanel так и будет отображено "ВасяПетров".

PS Судя картинкам, шрифт Консоли не содержит кириллицы.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. lless Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Немного переписки ТП по поводу этого:

ТП:  I got confirmation that Arcsight products (ESM suite) can be used in Russian language.

Я: How can I do this? Now I have a console in English.

ТП: Can you please chack that the Windows host where Console is installed is already set in Russian region and locale.

Console should adapt its language according its host environment.

Я: Hello. Can you send us a screenshot of how it looks. On our systems with the Russian language all console interface and web-user interface is English. I use version 6.1.0.1389.0 and 5.1.0.1281.3

ТП: Configured my laptop in french (location and locale) and when I start Console, all is in french.

Configured my laptop in russia (location and locale) and when I start Console, all remains in english.

ТП:  I changed my locale and language in Russian then started Console and all remains in English.

When I try the same in French it works.

I am looking at the problem and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Мне тут давала патч, для поддержки русского, попробуй его на консоль накатаить.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Родион.

Спасибо за уточнения.

Этот пример я сделал по документу "Cases Customization Features" (Arcsight case customization.pdf). Вы уже сталкивались проблемами локализации в ESM? Можете предложить практические рекомендации для самостоятельной локализации?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Евгений.

Попробовал на версиях 5 SP1 и 5 SP2 - консоль не запускается. Мог бы прикрепить журнал ошибок, но ничего внятного в журнале я не увидел.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.