Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

SMTP server certificate

Hi 

I have Arcsight Management Center and i want to configure email notifications, i was wondering in the part where a i need to configure SMTP  i am supposed to Upload Cert File SMTP. Is that supposed to a certificate from the emali server, or a certificate generated  Arcsight Management Center?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 Replies
Commander Commander
Commander

Good day,

Only if you require secure communication with the SMTP server you have to upload a certificate. This certificate should be the SMTP server's certificate. If so also check the "Enable SMTP Auth Mode" checkbox.

If secure communication is not required you should only fill out the "SMTP Server" and "SMTP Server Port" fields. In case you want to know where the email notification orginated from, add an "Outgoing Email Address".

Best Regards,

Arjan

0 Likes

If you are trying to enforce TLS 1.2, check your email server logs to see that it is actually authenticating using TLS 1.2. We have a mail server for testing and we are only able to get TLS 1.0 to work even with enforced TLS 1.2 settings in place. We do have a ticket open for this.

0 Likes

Good Morning,

I have same problem, because I need to use SMTP Auth Mode, but I dont have SMTP Certificate.

I have other application that use SMTP Auth Mode without SMTP Certificate.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

Best regards,

Good Morning,

I have same problem, because I need to use SMTP Auth Mode, but I dont have SMTP Certificate.

I have other application that use SMTP Auth Mode without SMTP Certificate.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

Best regards,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.