dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

SNMPTRAPD Service FAILING on ArcMC 2.6 Appliance

After upgrading some of our appliances from 2.5.1 to 2.6, those upgraded appliances can no longer run the snmptrapd service. When looking in the /var/log/messages, I see the following error:

Apr 27 18:57:40 <hostname> snmptrapd[23063]: Warning: no access control information configured.#012This receiver will *NOT* accept any incoming notifications.

Apr 27 18:57:40 <hostname> snmptrapd[23063]: couldn't open udp:162 -- errno 98 ("Address already in use")

The snmpd service is running just fine, just not the snmptrapd service. This is making it to where my unified snmp connector can't pull in traps from various servers. I currently have a support ticket open regarding this issue but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
tmark78
Senior Member.

Re: SNMPTRAPD Service FAILING on ArcMC 2.6 Appliance

Did this problem ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.