Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SQL Multi Server DB Connector Not Fetching Logs from Trace File

Jump to solution

HI Friends,

I am facing an issue while installing the SQL Multi server DB connector.Not able to fetch the events from trace file.I have followed the steps which was there in connector Installation Guide:
* Created ODBC Connection

* Given the folder prmission tofull control (Current scenario is have to fetch from other system so given the Trace file Location and connector File Location as \\hostame\trace file folder)

*The User having System Admin Previlage to DB

*Passed the Verification also

Checked : In The Trace file events are getting populated,Its more than 1 MB, Checked the Cache and is 0

Have you ever faced this issue? Could you please guide me if I have to do any additional config.

Thanks,
Sreekanth

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SQL Multi Server DB Connector Not Fetching Logs from Trace File

Jump to solution

Hello ,

The Issue has been resolved after adding the user to local admin group.Actually we have given the full control privilege since we are using UNC path. Thank you Justin.

Thanks,

Sreekanth k

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Does your agent.log have any errors?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply...

There was no error in the agent.log file.

Thanks,

Sreekanth K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am getting the logs from trace file , but here I am facing problem in .trc file conversion, the audit files are not getting changed to .trc file automatically eventhogh we have updated the scripts given in  Arcsight Connector Home\current\system\agent\config\sqlserver folder. Any Idea on this? We have given the full cpontrol permission to the folder also.

Thanks,

Sreekanth K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello ,

The Issue has been resolved after adding the user to local admin group.Actually we have given the full control privilege since we are using UNC path. Thank you Justin.

Thanks,

Sreekanth k

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Do you have any Doc for this Multi DB Flex Connector usage. I have a Voltage mail flex connector which I want to configure with Multi Db flex connector on Arcsight

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.