Highlighted
Senior Member.. nickp69
Senior Member..

SSL certificates used for ArcMC management of Smart Connectors

Hi,

I am looking for some further details and explanation on how the SSL certificate is generated on the connector to be used for the ArcMC management.

I have experienced differences in the CN used within the certificate for different SmartConnectors on the same software Connector server. By default, the certificate does not contain the correct hostname of the Connector Server and uses the IP address allocated to one of the Connector server interfaces.

I can generate a new SSL certificate for a specific SmartConnector and in most cases I can enforce this SSL certificate to be used. But again, I have also encountered an issue where even though I have produced an SSL certificate with the required CN. I see that when the agent is restarted a new SSL certificate is being generated and this is being presented to ArcMC. Again this is using an IP address rather than the required FQDN within the CN field of the SSL certificate.

Is there any way of ensuring the auto-generation of SSL certificate uses an FQDN?

thanks

Nick.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: SSL certificates used for ArcMC management of Smart Connectors

Nick, we have Arcsight experts monitoring the Arcsight Support Customer Forum for ArcMC questions during Expert day today. You may login the that forum and reference your question there again. thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.