Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Trusted Contributor.. victormuska Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Search by Customer Name in ESM Command Center doesn't work

In my ESM deployment I have multiple customers. They have their own network object, zone objects, etc. But depending on where I search for this it doesn't work.

Search criteria: customerName="XYZ"

ESM Console Filter                   - Works

ESM Command Center - Active Channels - Works

ESM Command Center - Event Search    - Doesn't Work

Logger Event Search                  - Works

I need this functionality to work in ESM Command Center to restrict my customers from only accessing their own data within ESM. How can I accomplish this or do I need to submit a bug fix request to HP?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Super Contributor.. sahaya Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Search by Customer Name in ESM Command Center doesn't work

In COmmand center, there will an unique ID for each customer. try to fetch that ID and serach based on that.

you should be able to see a filed called customer =XXX

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

to restrict customers to look for their own events, you can give access to their own connectors and to their own correlation events which you can achieve via access control in user creation

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Yeah I saw those weird customer numbers, but this is madness HP. You want me to find all the different customer numbers, then research each of them to figure out which customer belongs to which number, then make a map of it, then lookup the number when I need to look for a specific customer? All because HP forgot to add the customerName field to the event search? This problem only exists on ESM event search, which means I couldn't make a filter with customer = 8843, and apply it to user permissions, because consoles "customer" field is crazy different that 8843!

I will just open a bug with HP support.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

This doesn't work in my network since customer connectors aren't sending directly to the ESM.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Create a filter with customer name alone and should be doable.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.