Established Member.. bomusula1
Established Member..

Set Active List Values into Correlated Event "Set Event Field Actions"

Hi,

Anyone with Ideas how to read pull out values from an activelist and have them populated in a correlated event under Set Event Field Actions?

I have a fieldbased actilve list which is manually populated with Exit Users once a communication is received from HR. the active list has: -

Username field (key-field),

employee number,

exit date, and

organization name fields

A rule exits that checks for user logons on the network and if any user in the ExitsActive List logs on to the network, a correlated event is shown on the active channel.

now the challenge is that i would like to have the EmployeeNumber, ExitDate and organization Name fileds appear on the active channel under deviceCustomString Fields.  How do i do this?

Given the Active List only has one key-field, (Username), i could only do one local variable with GetActiveListValue where the username was mapped to targetUserName.  see screenshot.

how do i get the other values in the Active list appear on the correlated event on the active channel? 

seteventfield.PNG

The above generates the below on my active channel.  Using the format (without a dot (.) )   e.g. $getALFULL_NAME didnt work tool

getal.PNG

thanks in advance

localvar.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
okayal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Set Active List Values into Correlated Event "Set Event Field Actions"

Hi Bomusula,

I am facing the same problem, did you ever reach a solution? I was hoping you can share it if so.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

remove the . (dot) in the action tab, example "getAL.FullName" (false) - "getALFullName" (right) and add all varibales you want to have to the aggregation.

Volker

0 Likes
okayal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh wow, Awesome man, that did the trick!

Thank a lot!

Regards

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Volker Michels Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Perfect, please tick my answer as the right one

0 Likes
okayal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think is the only one capable of doing that, I tried, but I found nothing in the action drop down.

I hope he responds

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
asen.zhang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks ~

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.