Highlighted
Super Contributor.. fpieressa Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Shrink ESM 6.11 MySQL DB

Hi team, as the ibdata1 file is too big, I need to shrink the MySQL Database, as I know it requires to backup de arcsight DB, delete it, remove ibdata* files, restore the DB and finally start it.

My problem is with the "event" table, that use an ARC_LOGGER engine (not a Innodb engine).

Is there any procedure to shrink the MySQL arcsight database?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Shrink ESM 6.11 MySQL DB

Hello,

can you please run and the command "$ ls -larth"  inside of the /opt/arcsight/logger/data/mysql directory to provideus the value of ibdata1 ?

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. fpieressa Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi! I have tried in our Lab a standard shrink procedure, the ibdata1 had 30 GB and now it has 3 GB.. we have verified with a count that all the tables have the same number of rows, and events are still available 🙂

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello,

at did you export the system tables in the lab and tried there to apply the procedure?

My advice it's to backup those file into another location but after you stop all the ESM processes.

The shrink procedure could work for you but at the same time could break your system.

By the way, the ibdata1 and 2 are storing the information related to the content. So reducing the size of it can create issues storing the data of the AL, Data Monitors,  Trends, definition/data.

Also, my advice it's to look into CC web page Administration> Storage and Archive and Search for System Storage section at  Current Size utilization from the web page. If the Current Size is 30 GB then I am afraid that you cannot reduce to 3 GB.

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.