Small update to Step 1
Re: Small update to Step 1
I really liked the discussion about the way HP shares the Documentation of the ActrivateFramework.
However it seems that there is no way around at the moment. But I wanted to avoid a VirtualMachine or whatever in my environment only for this content.
So I downloaded here http://foswiki.org/Download.OtherFoswikiInstallers the Foswiki on a Stick version for Windows.
However I did not want to have a USB Stick attached to my laptop all the time and searched for a way to bring up the wiki
whilst having it on c:\ActivateWiki.
To cut a long story short here my steps to success:
- Download FosWikiOnAStick
- Create a new folder on your HDD i.e c:\ActivateWiki
- Extract the wiki files to c:\ActivateWiki
- Download ActivateWiki
- Extract Wiki somewhere
- Copy everything under "data" to c:\ActivateWiki\foswiki\data
- Copy everything under "pub" to c:\ActivateWiki\foswiki\pub
- check the path of "start_foswiki.bat", should be c:\ActivateWiki
- open cmd
-- use subst to substitute a path to a drive letter
-- .i.e. subst W: c:\ActivateWiki
- Open w: in explorer and start the wiki "with start_foswiki.bat"
- A browser should open and redirect you to the wiki landing page, i.e. http://localhost/foswiki/bin/view
- to set an admin password go to http://localhost/foswiki/bin/configure and Check the box "Change password" on any page, and hit "Save changes" - you will be asked for a password.
Maybe this saves the live of some USB sticks or SD-Cards - or helps ypu in en environment where you can not use both of them.