Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Ryan_Downey Contributor.
Contributor.

Smart Connector Setup - Logstash

I recently came across this article (https://www.elastic.co/arcsight) and would like to try this out in our test environment.  I've got a full ELK stack running but I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to get this started.  I'm used to the Elastic beats setup where you download the beat, install, config and deploy but I'm not understanding how smartconnector actually gets installed on an endpoint.  I've been to the downloads section for the SmartConnector and downloaded the .aup file but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it.  After researching .aup files I'm even more confused as to how this is supposed to be installed.  Clearly I'm way off base on this.  All I'm trying to do is setup the environment that the link above references.  The logstash portion of this environment I get but I'm lost as to how you setup arcsight to ship logs to logstash.  Apprecaite any help.

0 Likes
6 Replies
mrksr Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Smart Connector Setup - Logstash

... do not use the .aup file (this is only useful for managed SmartConnector environments). Download the .bin file (for Linux) or .exe file (for Windows) to install the SmartConnector.

0 Likes
Ryan_Downey Contributor.
Contributor.

mrksr,

Appreciate the response. I definietly hear what your saying about downloading the .bin or .exe files, that make a lot of sense, but I don't see them listed in the Marketplace which is why I ended up posting in the community.  As of right now all I see are .aup files on the https://marketplace.microfocus.com/arcsight/content/smartconnectors-1 page so I'm a little confused as to where to get the .bin and .exe files from.  After reading through the SmartConnectors User Guide its still not clear exactly where you download this from.  

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Ryan_Downey ,

unfortunately ArcSight Smart Connectors are not free for use, you need to have a valid License to be able to use this software.

Hope this answers your question.

0 Likes
Ryan_Downey Contributor.
Contributor.

It does.  Just the way things were written up made it seem equivatlent to the Beats that Elastic has so I assumed it was free.  Appreciate the help and enjoy the rest of your day. -Ryan

0 Likes
MajorW_MF Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Ryan,

Send me your company email directly by contacting me at brian.wolff@microfocus.com.

Then I will see what we can do to help you.

Ryan_Downey Contributor.
Contributor.

Brian,

I just sent you an email.  Hopefully we can get something worked out.

Ryan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.