Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Smart connector cache only for destination ESM

Hi everyone.

Connector send events (syslog) from any systems to two destination ESM and Logger.

Issue with cache events inside connector but only with ESM. Events doesn't have troubles send to Logger. I saw logs in connector but not found something interesting. I suppose trouble started after update connectors version from 7.2.3 to 7.2.4

Now

i already solved my trouble. Issue was in size memory on OC RED HAT. System had smaller RAM than wanted to correct work with my syslog connectors.

I added more 2Gb and cache in connector ending...

If somebody can help with try to understand why only 1 destination (it is ESM 6.80) had cache when another destination (Logger) didn't has cache at all times..

For more information

i have vAPP vmware (ESXi 6.0)

OC Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago x64)

4CPU (unlimited MHz)

Now 6Gb memory (earlier 4Gb)

HDD 30Gb

have syslog server

and 7 smart syslog connectors

Labels (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Smart connector cache only for destination ESM

Hi Alexey,

Are you Logger and ESM located in the same place/network/datacentre?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi, Anna!

>Are you Logger and ESM located in the same place/network/datacentre?

All connectors locate in one local network with esm and Logger (1Gb bandwidth)

And i have a first destination Esm and Second Logger. Priority in connector's configs:

http.transport.multithread=true

http.transport.threadcount=1

and for Logger threadcount set 2

(for test when i had trouble i change destination for one connector. First was Logger and second ESM. But it didn't give any effect).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Logger can also handle a higher ingestion rate the ESM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.