Highlighted
josh_tonak Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SmartConnector 7.6.0 using loads more memory than 7.5.0

Jump to solution

We've recently upgraded our 7.5.0 connectors to 7.6.0 and discovered that the ones with higher traffic volume are now having issues pushing events through quickly. They are developing a kind of cache-buffer where it will slowly build up cache, and during slow periods, start catching up at processing the cached data. The highest volume ones are using over 2GB of memory. Does anyone have any issues with memory on this version? I didn't see anything in the docs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. katzmandu Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: SmartConnector 7.6.0 using loads more memory than 7.5.0

Jump to solution

New connector rev means new JVM which means new memory handling routines. I haven't seen this one, yet. I assume you're using some kind of syslog connector (file or daemon) since I don't see mention of anything else.

1) Is it possible the new connector install over-wrote your multithreading settings? I've seen that happen.

2) How often is a "Full GC" happening? do a 'grep "Full GC" agent.out.wrapper.log' -- if it's happening more than every 5 minutes (heavy load) or 10-15 (light/no load) you need to increase your memory in agent.wrapper.conf

2 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. katzmandu Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

New connector rev means new JVM which means new memory handling routines. I haven't seen this one, yet. I assume you're using some kind of syslog connector (file or daemon) since I don't see mention of anything else.

1) Is it possible the new connector install over-wrote your multithreading settings? I've seen that happen.

2) How often is a "Full GC" happening? do a 'grep "Full GC" agent.out.wrapper.log' -- if it's happening more than every 5 minutes (heavy load) or 10-15 (light/no load) you need to increase your memory in agent.wrapper.conf

josh_tonak Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

It ended up being multithreading. Like you said all the settings were gone so we had to go through all the connectors and put on multithreading.

http.transport.multithreaded=true
http.transport.threadcount=4

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.