ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Captain
Captain

SmartConnector logging...

hey all...

In order to set the location for the agent.log file you can place the following into the agent.properties for the connector.

log.channel.file.property.path=c\:\\agent.log

Does anyone know what the syntax would be to write to multiple locations?

I have already tried the following;

two line with different paths (only sees second entry)

log.channel.file.property.path=c\:\\agent.log

log.channel.file.property.path=c\:\\temp\\agent.log

comma separated (breaks)

log.channel.file.property.path=c\:\\agent.log, c\:\\temp\\agent.log

Space separated (breaks)

log.channel.file.property.path=c\:\\agent.log c\:\\temp\\agent.log

Paths in quotes (both comma and space separated)(both break)

log.channel.file.property.path="c\:\\agent.log", "c\:\\temp\\agent.log"

log.channel.file.property.path="c\:\\agent.log" "c\:\\temp\\agent.log"

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just curious as to what is driving this requirement?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think his connector is taking heavy load and agent.log is stored only for a day or less based on the connector. So needs to preserve the logs for longer period I reckon for troubleshooting Am I right Dave ??

If so.  Change the below properties under /current/config/agent/

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

we are looking to retain the original configuration and generate a second log in a different location to monitor with another tool.

it seems that there should be a simple syntax to write logs to two places.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Your explanation makes it more clear now.

There is a process in place to take your input and create or update new feature requests; this process begins with a call into HPE Support. They should be able to capture your request/requirements and create the feature request.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi , Just wanted to know if this was possible, can you let know the steps if you were able to configure.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

I still believe that it must be possible, but have yet to find a solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.