Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
JDB_ Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Smartconnectors managed by ArcMc and ESM at the same time

Jump to solution

@vitz1 just a small update here:

The current setup with one connector sending to two destinations (Logger and ESM) is starting to give me a headache now.. 

I can manage the connector easily on the agentid thats sending to the ESM, but not the agentid thats sending to the logger (i cant change destination parameters for the logger)

by the looks of it, my "big" plan of easy management is slowly crubling again

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Destination to Logger can only be managed on arcMC/SC itself, yes. Thats right.

Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

@vitz1 thanks for the feedback, ill have to go back and rethink the whole management and monitoring situation

Kind Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Can you try a different port, like 9011?

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

@mr_ergene ports are limited to 9001-9008 per connector host, according to ArcMc documentation

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Actually, it's not limited. I have connectors managed from different ports like 9012,9013 etc. The thing is, it's not recommended having more than 8 connectors on the same host. 

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
Outstanding Contributor.. EricLamer Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

to be able to manage the connector from ESM you need to have the ESM as a destination in the connector.  If you dont want the connector to send logs to ESM and just the logger then filter out all data to EM.

Remotemanagement is only for ArcMC.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Miroslav Marcisin Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you want to manage connectors via ESM and ArcMc you need to have in your $CONNECTOR_HOME/user/agent/agent.properties these two lines:

enable.remotemanagement=true

remote.management.listener.port=9000 (use any TCP port you want, best practice is use port from 9000 up)

After that, you need to restart your connector and add smartconnector into your ArcMc

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

@Miroslav Marcisin i have that already, and its working fine with arcmc

But when i add ESM as a destination, and filter out all events, it just shows the connector as down and not running

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.