Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Software logger upgrade | 5.3 -> 6.0 or 6.1

Dear Team.

We are planning to upgrade the software logger 5.3 to 6.0 or 6.1 is it possible to direct upgrade or i have to upgrade step by step 5.3 ->5.5->6.0->6.1 please team can you confirm or tell me the process. it will be very helpful.

Note: We are using software logger 5.3 

Thanks & Regards,

Krunal

Security Consultant
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Read the release notes for the versions that you wish to upgrade to. They have all the details on the respective upgrade processes. The release notes for 6.1 show that you can only upgrade to it from 6.0, 6.0 P1 or 6.0 P2. No direct upgrade from 5.3 available.

You need to do the upgrade step by step. I recommend working backwards from the latest version when you go through the documents.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I second Vijay's reply.  You must go through all release notes and review them carefully to make sure this goes smoothly.  Please allow youself several days to get several upgrades done.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

As the others have said.. there's no direct path..

I've just performed this very task (a number of times!), the path is:

L6838 (v5.3) --> L7067 (v5.51) --> L7285 (v6.0) [DEFRAG] --> L7307 (v6.0p1) --> GHOST patch --> L7334 (v6.0p2)

Make sure you have your event archives up to date.. and ensure you perform a configuration backup before starting and after each update..

If you know what you are doing.. and nothing goes wrong , you are looking at approximately 2.5hrs elapsed time from start to finish.

Again, you *must* read the release notes carefully.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Richard,

Couldn't you jump straight from Logger 6.0 to RHEL 6.6 OS upgrade + Logger 6.1? The GHOST patch and 6.0 P1 & 6.0 P2 are not needed in between.

"New or upgraded ArcMC 2.1 and Logger 6.1 appliances running RHEL 6.6 are not vulnerable."

Or are you just waiting for the rest of us to beta-test Logger 6.1?

I also understand from the support guys that the GHOST patch is included in 6.1, but it is not in the release notes.

https://protect724.hp.com/message/71520#71520

"While it is not directly stated in the release notes - Logger 6.0 Patch 1 will address the Ghost issue." is HP Support, as I understand.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Yes indeed you can jump from any v6.0x version (L7285 / L7307 / L7334) to v6.1 - I misread the original posters question!!!

Interesting regarding the GHOST patch and v6.0 patch 1, as you say, NO mention of GHOST is included in the release notes, but the GHOST update *is* included in the v6.0 patch 1 download - it implies you need to apply it (what could possibly go wrong?! )

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

A minor clarification as per the update at https://protect724.hp.com/message/71520#71520

To be patched for GHOST, either upgrade to Logger 6.1 (requires RHEL 6.6 update) or apply the GHOST.enc that is available with the Logger 6.0 P1 download.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member.

Krunal, I followed the same upgrade path you listed for multiple 7500 appliances and I can confirm it works fine.

This is the path I took: L6838 (5.3) -> L7067 (5.51) -> L7285 (6.0) -> osupgrade-logger-rhel66-20150814231036 (RHEL 6.6) -> L7491 (6.1)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.