Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
akshayinnamuri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Steps to Renew the Logger and connector appliance CA certificates

Hi,

I Would like to know the best practise for certificate renewal for the logger and connector appliance.

1. We had got CSR and sent for CA sign

2. We have CA signed certificate with "<servername>.cer"  file.

What we are concerned is

1) whether we need to change the name as "server.cer" instead of "<servername>.cer"? is it really necessary to change the name ?

2) would like to know the steps for renewal of the logger and then what measure need to be taken before the upgrade of new renewed certificate, apart from server.crt and server.pem backup

3) also once we renew the certificate of logger we also need to update the conapp container with the latest certificate as I know but have not tried the exact steps.

Could some please help me on the certificate renewal process on Logger and Conapp h/w appliances via GUI.

Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
lakshmisha357 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Steps to Renew the Logger and connector appliance CA certificates

I have tried my level best to answer your queries here.

1. No need to change the name or the certificate > .CER and .PEM both absolutely acceptable.

2. Once you have IMPORT AND INSTALL the certificate on Logger(System Admin> SSL Server Certificate>IMPORT AND INSTALL> Browse> Select certificate) refresh the browser and click on the LOCK icon and see for the renewal information.

3. Find the reporting Devices(Connectors feeding logs) from SUMMARY or DASHBOARD page.

4. Login to Connectors or Smart Connectors respectively. Go to NODE MANAGEMENT> select SYSTEM > click on Connectors > find the list of devices configured > Select the particular connector sending logs to that Logger location > Click and select connector > Click on Destinations > follow the guidelines accordingly.

5. Select Renew certificate> select Logger destination by check mark> next > Import the certificate on this Connector > Yes > Next > Done.

0 Likes
vraman31 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Instead of the Step 4 of the solution suggested above, you can use the Connector Appliance to push the certificates to the respective connectors and Smart Connectors.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. mederic.hurier Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

In step 4. where do we find the NODE MANAGEMENT ?

I have SmartConnector where I need to update the logger certificate.

The only way I've found is to re-register them to the logger and accept the ne certificate using the runagentsetup script.

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.