Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Support for Progress?

Hello ArcSight community,

Anybody collects events from a Progress database? Looks that there is no support out of the box. Before writing a FlexConnector, maybe some work has already been done? Anybody wants to share?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Xavier

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Apparently there is a KB #2669 detailing this, but I can't find it myself.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Indeed... Anybody from ArcSight can confirm?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

There is an unpublished document - PM me your email, and I'll send it directly. Or Support can assist in the same way if you provide the KB#.

Damian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Easier still - here is the guide.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Damian,

Excellent! Thanks for the document, I'll investigate this...

Regards,

Xavier

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi. I get the following message when trying to configure arcsight connector using FlexConnector and Progress DB.pdf

err.jpg

Maybe someone can help with it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You very likely chose the wrong odbc setup - the one from Windows System Control (on 64bit systems) points  to the 64bit Setup.

As the Connector is a 32bit Java Engine you will need to choose the ODBC Setup from:

c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

BR,

Christoph

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You're right. Thanks for your help, Christoph.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi all,

Old thread, I know - but hopefully someone sees me 😉

We've had a request for Progress as well, and I followed the guidelines in Damians attachment.

However, after creating the System DNS (tried both 32 and 64 bit) and installing the connector (tried both 32 and 64 bit), when setting up the connector, I don't see 'JDBC Driver = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver' option 😕

Any ideas what might go wrong?

Thanks in advance

/Claus

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hello Bomme,

JDK8 has removed JDBC-ODBC bridge, for whatever the reason. Follow the step below, you can enable JDBC-ODBC bridge in JDK 8:

1. Download a JDK 7 or JRE 7 (bitness of JRE7 has to be the same as bitness of JRE8)

2. Go to JRE\lib folder and find the rt.jar

3. Unzip it (if you have WinRAR installed) or you can rename it to rt.zip and unzip it.

4. Copy sun\jdbc and sun\security\action folders out, keep the folder structure. i.e., you should have the folder structure like below:

Sun --> Security --> Action

Sun --> JDBC

5. Open a CMD window. Go to the parent folder of Sun folder. Run the command (JDK must be installed):

jar -cvf jdbc.jar sun

6. The above command will create a file named jdbc.jar

7. Copy JDBC.jar to your JDK8 or JRE8 lib folder

8. Copy jdbcodbc.dll from JRE\bin of your JRE 7 installation to JRE\bin of your JRE 8 installation.

9. Restart your JVM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.