Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Sybase connector problem - java.sql.SQLException: JZ006

Hello,

I'm having problem with TimeBased DB Flex connector for sybase v12. I'm using newest connector version 7.7. with com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc driver. I'm getting all the needed data from DB, but log is full of following FATAL ERRORS.

FATAL EXCEPTION:
java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException: JZ0TC: Attempted conversion between an illegal pair of types.
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseErrorCheckDead(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsResultSet.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsResultSet.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybResultSet.next(Unknown Source)
at com.arcsight.agent.sdk.b.e.i.h(i.java:316)
at com.arcsight.agent.sdk.b.e.i.run(i.java:806)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
FATAL EXCEPTION:
Failed to process query [[SELECT EVENT_ID,EVENT_TYPE_NAME,STATUS_NAME,START_TIME,USER_NAME FROM "xxxxx"."xxxxxx" WHERE START_TIME >=? ORDER BY START_TIME] for [Tue Jan 02 06:03:27 CET 2018]/[1514869407923]] for [jdbc:sybase:Tds:xxxxxx:2638?ServiceName=xxxxxx].
FATAL EXCEPTION:
Fatal error occurred in [jdbc:sybase:Tds:xxxxxx:2638?ServiceName=xxxxxx]
FATAL EXCEPTION:
java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException: JZ0EM: End of data.
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseErrorCheckDead(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsResultSet.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsResultSet.close(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybResultSet.markDead(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybResultSet.close(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybResultSet.close(Unknown Source)
at com.arcsight.agent.sdk.b.e.i$c.a(i$c.java:166)
at com.arcsight.agent.util.a.d.run(d.java:114)

I have found some article saying, that it could be caused by sybase data type BigInt in one of columns /EVENT_ID/ which I need as unique.id, but not sure...also unsure why is java.io.IOException: JZ0EM: End of data. popping up.

Thanks for any ideas

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Looks like illegal conversion was solved by reading big int as string and converting it by arcsight functions instead of defining token from start as long.

End Of Data still persisit with Connection already closed, but this is described as not so fatal FATAL ERROR"-)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.