Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
ziesemjs1
New Member.

Syslog-ng connector getting overloaded on conapp C5400

We've been experiencing problems with some of our heavily trafficked DNS servers that are pushing syslog-ng logs to a relatively low utilized C5400 Conapp.  The smartconnector is in it's own dedicated container and the java heap has been maximized to 1Gb, but my DNS engineer is saying he is noticing a backlog on his end.  He's mentioned that he will see 8-10 Syn request packets being sent from his servers, but my conapp is only acknowledging about 2-3 of those, thus the backup in his logs.  I don't see my network bandwidth being overloaded.  I've even tried changing this to a standard syslog daemon connector since we didn't seem to have problems with that before, but we are still having the same problems.

Are there any other configuration settings I should check?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Syslog-ng connector getting overloaded on conapp C5400

I really recommend taking a look at this presentation from a previous Protect conference:

It goes through the bottlenecks and where to look and what you can do to correct this. Memory is a great place to start and improve things, but its not the only thing and there are a bunch of other things to look at too. I really recommend going through the presentation carefully too. Usually some small changes can make some significant gains.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.