ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

TT3161 "Using HP ArcSight API for data visualization" materials

Hi!

Kindly find attached below the video on how you could push event data into Gephi as a continuous JSON stream of Netflow events.

Mind that I had only a couple of minutes to spare for this during my session and you could find much better videos:

or even more on a Gephi project page - Learn how to use Gephi

Kindest Regards,

Eugene Afonin.

PS. To get data from Logger I used a slightly modified version of a wonderful perl primer published by here Thanks Aaron!

PPS. I've got a lot of questions on the amount of development effort behind all this. It took me 10 days to develop Google Maps App and 2 days to do the Sunburst viz. I'm not a professional web developer so I've spent something like 60% of this time studying documentation, APIs and running in circles around "doh!" trivial javascript issues. The industry made a quantum leap since I did this last time in 2004!

Mind that this is a proof of concept code, so if you like a professional app you could ask any webdev studio to do the job and even get commercial support. If you're really low on budget, you might try to hire some helpful individual from here - https://www.odesk.com/.

UPDATE.

Can't wait for HPE ArcSight Hercules platform release! With support for jdbc connection in HPE ArcSight Interactive  Discovery data visualization would be so much easier ...

1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Can you please post the code?  Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.