Time-Based SQL FlexConnector Setup Guide (ForeFront TMG)
Apparently, my old post became inaccessible - I blame Jive 7 .
I don't remember the full verbiage, but basically this process was designed so you can extract data from the SQL server that Forefront TMG 2010 uses by default. This is useful if your organization can't have ForeFront log to a file (which is the ArcSight SmartConnector-supported method).
The guide is long and meandering, since it describes lessons learned and includes tips for how to create your own SQL FlexConnector. Feel free to add comments about gotchas you discovered or tweaks you needed to get it to work in your environment.
- FlexCon_DevGuideConfig.pdf – you can get it from here, it’s in ArcSight SmartConnectors (documentation).
- 's Protect724 thread got me started – I never would have made it off the ground without it.
- 's Protect724 thread provides some good ideas for SQL server authentication
- 's Protect724 thread opened my eyes to SQuirreL and the real source of ‘Unable to detect database version’ errors.
- Ori Yosefi’s super-useful post matching TMG SQL values to actual words.