ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Time-based flexconnector with multiple queries on different tables

Jump to solution

I have one MSSQL 2005 database with two tables to query with a time-based flex connector.

- created a time-based db flexconnector connecting to the database

- created two .sdktbdatabase.properties files for the indiviual tables in ˜/user/agent/fexagent/vendor/

The parsers work individually when I put one of the properties files in the directory but i want the connector to use both parsers.

Currently it's only using one parser when I drop both properties files in the directory and startup the connector.

How to do that with a single connector? I assume I need to do something in the agent.properties.

I see entries like agents.maxAgents=1 and agents[0].AgentSequenceNumber=0 sitting there but there is only one config directory for the parser files, it doesn't point to individual parser files.

agents[0].configfolder=vendor

Should i create an extra agent with a different config folder in this connector for it to work?

grtz,

steven

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Yep, install it and name them:

Blah1.sdktbdatabase.properties and blah2.sdktbdatabase.properties

When you install the agent, it'll ask you which properties file you want to use, IIRC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class

Did you select the time-based DB flexconnector when you installed the smartconnector or the multi-db?  If you did the time-based DB, it'll only use one config.  The multi-db connector will determine which type to use (time-based vs ID based) based on the name of the properties file.

0 Likes

hmm,

I used time-based DB.

Should i install a multidb and just drop in the two props files?

steven

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Yep, install it and name them:

Blah1.sdktbdatabase.properties and blah2.sdktbdatabase.properties

When you install the agent, it'll ask you which properties file you want to use, IIRC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hi @chrisb1, I am having a similar requirement where the DB i having 21 tables and I am using a time-based DB flex.should i write 21 different parser file and use a multi-db flex?I per the confog guide, multi-DB flex is applicable when there are multiple dbs but doesnt say anything on the tables.

0 Likes

Tnx Chris !

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear All,

I would like to know when we use multi DB flex , Does configuration folder should be same or different for both properties files ?

When it will ask whether its time-based smartconnector or ID based ?

I tried to install the same on ArcMC and given duplicate entries for same configuration folder(For testing). But smartconnector is not detecting any properties files and giving error as

"No database configuration files (*.sdktbdatabase.properties or *.sdkibdatabase.properties) found in folder"

Can anyone tell me whether it requires any configuration to be done smartconnector for the same ?

Request your assistance.

Thanks&Regards,

Pratik

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.