Super Contributor.. frantz1 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Trend Query Parameters

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to understand Trend row limit.

What is the difference between the "Row Limit" attribute in "Data Collection" and the "Query Row Limit" in "Parameters" ?

When I test my trend with data collection row limit = 20 and query row limit = 10, then I get 20 rows in result.

So I don't understand what is "Query Row Limit"!

I also don't understand the times parameters (Start time and End time) in the Query Parameters.

My trend is scheduled hourly with a 1 hour time interval.

Query End time is $Now.

I tried Query Start time $Now-1h and $Now-30m and I got exactly the same result!

Can anyone explain me ?

EDIT: When I say "Query Parameters" it is in fact the "Trend Parameters" which are about query settings

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. jorgeoa Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Trend Query Parameters

Jump to solution

Hi frantz,

As I understand (I think I read it in some document) if you set the Trend Interval in 1 hour and schedule daily, at the scheduled time the trend query runs 24 times, one per hour.

Selecting hourly trend with 1 hour interval, each hour the trend runs with the query of the last hour.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I think I have finally understood.

Query parameters are always overwritten.

Query start and end times are overwritten by Trend Interval.

If Trend Interval is set to 1 hour, every hour data will be queried from the first minute of the hour to the last minute of the hour, whatever the Query start and end times.

It is the same for Row Limit, the Trend attribute totally overwrites the querry row limit attribute.

Do you confirm ?

I need a last confirmation: if I set Trend Interval to 1 hour and schedule the trend daily, only one task will be launched each day but every hour a query is executed ?

And if I set Time Interval to 1 hour and scheduled the trend hourly, one task will be launch every hour, each executing one query ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. jorgeoa Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi frantz,

As I understand (I think I read it in some document) if you set the Trend Interval in 1 hour and schedule daily, at the scheduled time the trend query runs 24 times, one per hour.

Selecting hourly trend with 1 hour interval, each hour the trend runs with the query of the last hour.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

I think the page 12 of the document confirm it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.