New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trend entries TTL and blank run detection required

Hi All,

I have created 20 trends to get the monthly reports without getting failed for delivery. But I have two issues now.

1.Trend entries are in millions but I don't need more than 30 days. How to set TTL like active list? Otherwise it will definitely impact DB performance.

2. Sometimes trends are not returning any data while query is returning in query viewer. It stops and do not show any run in refresh run as well. Enabling disabling also does not work. How to get notified if there is blank output after execution for any trend. This is big problems as at the end of the month we don't get data in the monthly report.

Regards,

Amit

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Amit,

In trend you have an option called "Partition Retention Period" with which you could set to 30 days to hold your months data.

To answer your second query there are couple of things to be checked is the data in the trend to be empty in the mentioned period then you should look into the query used by the trend. If data is present and the report is empty then check the reports query.

The other possibility is the retention period as well check what is the current settings.

Regards,

Varun P G

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

​ : Thanks buddy. I didn't know about this setting. Perfect. This is why protect remains better than support for small issues and queries...:-)

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.