Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Troubleshooting Windows event log connectivity for WUC from Linux

If anyone is interested, the attached document has java code and libraries to test Windows event log reading via WMI from a Linux server.  It allows for a quick test to see if credentials and prilileges are good, as well as network connectivity before trying the same in WUC...  Since it can be run on a separate server, it's a quicker way to validate a connection without having to create a new item or look through error logs in ArcSight.  The included files: compile.sh and run.sh can be used to compile and run the program.  The source code is originally found at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/310355/how-do-i-access-windows-event-viewer-log-data-from-java.   Tested on Ubuntu 10.10 x86 with OpenJDK 1.6 update 20.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alex

I realize this is an old posting however I am configuring a WUC for the first time and am having issues. How do you run this code on Linux?

Thank you

Randy

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Randy. I'm out of the office until next week. If you still need this I

will looks through my notes when I get back to my work desktop.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Thank you for the reply, yes I still need this

Thank you

Randy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.