Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
lucdesaulniers Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Trying to add a connector to Connector Appliance: No change was made to this host

Jump to solution

Hello all.

So I have an Entrust Identity connector running on a server and I am trying to add it to the Connector Appliance I scan the host and provide the management port which I defined in the agent.properties file. The port is not blocked by any firewall and is not used by anything.

However when the host is scanned by the Connector Appliance, I get the message "No change was made to this host".

I have numerous connectors running on this host and was able to add them to the ConApp with no trouble.

Anything I am doing wrong?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Trying to add a connector to Connector Appliance: No change was made to this host

Jump to solution

It's actually not a bug, it's a feature.

HP Support told me that the ConApp will accept a maximum of 20 connectors per host.

The only solution to this is to use ArcMC (ArcSight Management Center) which will not have this problem once version 2.2 comes out. I could not obtain a date for this.

Nor am I aware of the differences between ConApp and ArcMC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bomme Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Trying to add a connector to Connector Appliance: No change was made to this host

Jump to solution

Might be the obvious (and silly) question - but did you enable remote management for the connector?

( 'remote.management.enabled=true' in agent.properties)

/Claus

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

There are no silly questions and yes I have.

I also have specified the port to be used.

0 Likes
Highlighted
joe@alchemysecu Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue now. Have you been able to remedy?

Thanks!

Joe

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

It's actually not a bug, it's a feature.

HP Support told me that the ConApp will accept a maximum of 20 connectors per host.

The only solution to this is to use ArcMC (ArcSight Management Center) which will not have this problem once version 2.2 comes out. I could not obtain a date for this.

Nor am I aware of the differences between ConApp and ArcMC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joe@alchemysecu Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Curious, though on this remote host I only have 6 containers deployed and a total of 7 agents between them..
Thank you for your quick response!

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.