currently we have a connector installed, which receives SNMP-traps from the RSA Authentication Manager. Therefore the connector opens the port 162/UDP and waits for the input.
We are now planning to also use the connector "IBMDominoSNMPConfig", which also wants to open the port, but that won't be possible, as the port is already open.
Is there a possibility to run both connectors in parallel?
Or can we just add another connector into the container of the first one?
Or can we just send the Domino-traps to the RSA-connector and it will automatically detect a new device (type) and assign another parser to it?
Or do we need to setup another machine holding the connector?
Or can we somehow change the port the connector is opening?
Has anyone a similar attempt - or even a solution for this?
Thank you in advance!
It is possible to receive snmp-traps to one connector from different sources. To do this:
1. enter to "snmp connector folder"\current\bin and execute "arcsight agentsetup"
2. warning will appear, press "No" (SmartConnector is being started in Advanced Mode)
3. In the top left corner is the agents tree. Click right button on the "Agents" and select "Add New Agent." -> "A" -> "ArcSight FlexConnector SNMP".
4. The agents tree has now the new branch "Not Registered". Click right button on this branch and select "Register Agent".
The "Agent Registration Parameters" window appears. Enter necessary values. Press "Register". The Manager will have the new connector in Connectors.
5. Now you should configure new connector. Enter to "snmp connector folder"\current\bin and execute "runagentsetup". In the wizard select "Modify Connector" -> Select connector name -> "Modify connector parameters" and enter necessary values.
okay then, thank you for the answer, I will try this attempt and check for the results (if my Domino-colleagues configured the system to send the traps).