Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Unable to create arcsight web user accounts

Jump to solution

I am attempting to create a new user for the ArcSight Web client of type “web user”, I can successfully create a new web user account using the main admin account in the Arcsight console or the Arcsight Management console.

On attempting to login to the Arcsight web client using the newly created account I always get the error message of authentication failed. I've investigated the logs they revealed no additional useful information

Note the Arcsight web console can be successfully accessed using the main admin account.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I can think of the obvious:

1. Did you set the password when you created the user?

2. Are you using local authentication (i.e. username & password in ArcSight) instead of connecting to active directory to authenticate? If using AD / remote authentication, you may need additional configurations.

3. Ensure that the account has not gotten locked out, in the event that you did wrongly enter the password a few times initially.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I can think of the obvious:

1. Did you set the password when you created the user?

2. Are you using local authentication (i.e. username & password in ArcSight) instead of connecting to active directory to authenticate? If using AD / remote authentication, you may need additional configurations.

3. Ensure that the account has not gotten locked out, in the event that you did wrongly enter the password a few times initially.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks - Vijay - you were right it was an AD issue....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.