Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Unable to modify the certificate on Logger or Management Center

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am experiencing an issue with the certificates on my logger and management center which I believe is stopping my MC connecting to my Logger.

On my Logger I go to System Admin> SSL Server Certificate and attempt to change the information which makes up the certificate.

After this I click Generate Certificate and I get kicked out of the gui because my certificate is no longer valid which is fine.

When I go back in however the previous values for the certificate are there.

Am I misunderstanding the process of updating the certificate details or is there something overriding my changes?

Regards

Jack

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Unable to modify the certificate on Logger or Management Center

Jump to solution

After updating the firmware on the appliance I could change the certificate entries however it is important to note that the defaults will never change on SSL page in sys admin.

The new settings which i specified are present when I view the certificate using firefox

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

"When I go back in however the previous values for the certificate are there."

Just to be sure... Where? In "Enter Certificate Settings"? There are always default values. Did you clicked on View Certificate and then decoded it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Michal,

Thanks for the reply.

When I go back into System Admin> SSL Server Certificate

I have not decoded the certificate as I am unsure on how to do this.

Regards

Jack

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

1) Click View Certificate.

2A) Copy and paste it for example here: Certificate Decoder - Decode certificates to view their contents

2B) Or - Save it to the file and run openssl x509 -in certificate.crt -text -noout

Michal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm that after using the steps above that the certificate changes I make are not being applied to the certificate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

After updating the firmware on the appliance I could change the certificate entries however it is important to note that the defaults will never change on SSL page in sys admin.

The new settings which i specified are present when I view the certificate using firefox

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.