New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uninstall Arcsight 5.5 console

Hello all,

I am trying to uninstall and old 5.5 console from my system but i can not find any uninstaller.

I have seen a java file called uninstall.jar but when I execute it with java -jar the manifest file seems to be missing.

I have installed the 5.5 console in a VM to see if there is an uninstaller exe file but no luck.

How can I properly uninstall this old console from my system without deleting it by hand?

Regards,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

You can get the below information from ESM_InstallGuide_5.5

To uninstall on Windows, run the Start->All Programs->ArcSight Console - >Uninstall ArcSight Console 5.5 program.

If a shortcut to the Console was not installed on the Start menu, locate the Console’s UninstallerData folder and run: Uninstall_ArcSight_Console.exe

To uninstall on Unix hosts, open a command window on the <ARCSIGHT_HOME>/UninstallerData directory and run the command: ./Uninstall_ArcSight_Console

I hope it helps,

-Nellie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Nellie,

The problem is that, that file does not exist. As I have said, I installed the 5.5 console in a VM to see if that Uninstall_ArcSight_console.exe exists or is created during the installation but no luck.

Any other options?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Do you see a folder name called 'UninstallerData folder under current?

It should have an executable file called Uninstall_Arcsight_ESM_Console.exe

You can uninstall Console by clicking the file

-Nellie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,
I don't think you will get yourself to trouble if you just shift+delete the console folder

I know this is not the best way, but done it thousand times without any issues.

If you want to delete you console before installing a new one (for example 6.0 or 6.5 or even 6.8), the new installer will definitely override the old paths in registry and everything will be alrighty.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Nellie and Nikolay

@Nellie: The folder exists but no .exe file

@Nikolay: Will have to do it the old way Wanted to do as clean as possible but seems that, that is not an option xD

Thanks you both for your time

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.