Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Captain
Captain

Upgrade Path 3.5.2 to 4.5

Jump to solution

I'm trying to find an upgrade path from 3.5.2 to 4.5. From what I see it will be something along the lines of 3.5.2 > 4.0.x > 4.5.x,however I cannot find any documentation on upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
afaik there are just pdf for > 4.0 upgrade. did you ask by opening an incident?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
afaik there are just pdf for > 4.0 upgrade. did you ask by opening an incident?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Captain
Captain
Not yet, but I'll do that.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello James -

The upgrade document for 3.5.2 to 4.0.1 can be found on the Software download site:

https://software.arcsight.com > ESM > Builds > Previous_Builds > 4.0-SP1 > Documentation

The ArcSight Support team can test your 3.5 system to ensure the ugprade goes smoothly - just open a support incident and we can assist. This testing is free of charge and I highly recommend it.

Hope this helps!

Trisha

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

James

I do not find the 3.5 to 4.0 documentation. Please open a support case. We must do an upgrade verification based on your system table dump (ArcSight Support does this internally). At the same time, you can clarify the upgrade process itself.

There are critical differences that come to play in your upgrade path i.e., schema is changed as well as the DB version. Your upgrade path is:

3.5 to 4.0 SP1
4.0SP1 to 4.0SP3
4.0SP3 to 4.5SP1

HTH

Alan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.