Upgrade SW ESM 5.5 to 6.9.1
one of our customers is going to migrate a software ESM from version 5.5 to version 6.9.1. The instance is running on a two node hardware cluster based on RHEL 6.3. Reading the documentation the migration path is supported. The steps should be:
- upgrade one node to RHEL 6.5
- install ESM 6.5c SP1 on that node
- install the migration tool and migrate resources
- update OS to RHEL 6.7
- install ESM 6.9.1 (this upgrades all the data and resources)
- update to 7.2
After that, we shoud operate on the second node, installing RHEL 7.2 on it and configuring the cluster.
My questions are:
- does someone performed something similar? Do you have any suggestion?
- Can I update the OS directly to 7.2 (see step 4)?
- is there any chance to keep event data also, other than resources? The answer from the docs is "no".
Thanks in advance!