Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Useful Use Cases for the Financial Services Industry

Hi All,

Can anyone provide me with use cases that the Banking Industry would like to see.  What are the top use cases  that we can share with our prospects/clients and that ArcSight can answer.

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'd say you want to track bonusses & fraud.

But you'd prolly be marketing stuff like: high privilege account usage and other boring stuff.

Perhaps talk to someone in that industry?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One use case in particular for which I'm probing interest is real-time correlation using very large data sets, such as AL's with credit card user/transaction information that can run to 10's of millions of entries, where current Java heap limitations (GC pauses) prevent us from handling them effectively.

We have been testing the Azul Zing JVM (replacement for Oracle/Hotspot) with ESM, and have been able to process high EPS with heaps exceeding 100GB and in-memory AL's with 50M+ entries.  Testing has gone well and we are looking for a customer (financial or otherwise) to try it out with a big-data correlation use case.

I will repost this in a separate thread for greater visibility.

Rob Block

ESM Developer, Correlation Team

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Rob,

I see the date is pretty ancient. Anything ever happen with this? I have some large installs where this would be of great interest. AS for 6.5, Same old code slapped on a new database isn't helping much...

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.