UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

User for database smartconnector

Jump to solution

HI

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a AD user to connect to database or must it be a local SQL user.

I am trying to connect to a MS Sql database. I can connect with my credentials, but when I am trying with through my flexconnector it does not work.

Best regards

Per Bejder

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Per,

On you MS SQL 2008 server, Start > type in odbc to bring up ODBC Data Source Administrator. Alternatively go to Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

-Tab System DSN > Add > SQL Server > Finish

-Type in a Name for the connection

-Enter the Server hostname/ip (likely localhost)

-Select Windows NT authentication

-Set default DB if necessary

-Finish and Test the connection

Back on your redhat box use the username/password combination you set up for your odbc connection on your server hosting MS SQL. You shouldn't need a manual connection string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Per,

You would use the username/password combination you set up for your jdbc/odbc connection. Within the odbc client you can set whether to use SQL or Windows NT authentication.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi again!

I start over again.

I am developing an flexconnector that connects to an MS SQL 2008 server.

My flexconnector is on a Redhat server

The SQL user is an AD user, not a local SQL user

I get 2 errors when trying to start the connector up.

"The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

and

"java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path"

My sql connect sting is: jdbc:sqlserver://???.???.???\TMDSMINS:2818;databasename=dsm;integratedSecurity=true

Bedst regards

Per Bejder

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Per,

On you MS SQL 2008 server, Start > type in odbc to bring up ODBC Data Source Administrator. Alternatively go to Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

-Tab System DSN > Add > SQL Server > Finish

-Type in a Name for the connection

-Enter the Server hostname/ip (likely localhost)

-Select Windows NT authentication

-Set default DB if necessary

-Finish and Test the connection

Back on your redhat box use the username/password combination you set up for your odbc connection on your server hosting MS SQL. You shouldn't need a manual connection string.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried using AD user to connect to MS SQL Server from connectors hosted on Connector Appliance or RHEL, but could never make it work. This was like last year, hence we always stick to local SQL ID instead of AD user.

Please confirm with Support.

Thanks,

AG

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi

I will try that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.