Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using runagentsetup.bat

I used to be able to run the runagentsetup.bat file out of the /current/bin folder for windows software connectors to update that connector or change something in  the connector.

For some reason this does not work anymore, every time I run it ( and I do run it from administrative command prompt) on 2008 R server the command starts and then errors out with the below error. This is happening on 2008r2 and 2012 r2 severs even though I running the command prompt with " run as administrator"

below is the error  I see:

error.JPG

Anyone come across this? and have a fix?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

Check your agentsetup.log  should be in $ArcSight/connector/current/logs/agentsetup.log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Kretzer,

Try opening the command prompt by  "run as administrator" and then issue the command runagent setup.

Regards

Premjith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I haven't come across this issue before, but you can try the following:

1. Manually stop the respective connector service from services.msc

2. Then try to run the agentsetup with admin privilege.

This may solve the issue, if not post the error msg displayed.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Try looking for agentsetup log and the error log it displays.

Try running as administrator, else try stopping the service and starting it again or killing the process.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.