Commander Commander
Commander

Video or webinary for ArcSight Activate?

Jump to solution

Is there a webinar or any video instructions for ArcSight Activate?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No not yet.  For now the easiest thing to do is install the wiki and follow the user or developer track image map on the web home page.

Good idea, and we'll see what we can do about a webinar/video series.

/J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No not yet.  For now the easiest thing to do is install the wiki and follow the user or developer track image map on the web home page.

Good idea, and we'll see what we can do about a webinar/video series.

/J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please provide the link for the wiki?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, it is located in the ArcSight Activate Framework place in the overview section.  If you ever need to find it again or this link is broken check the screen shot below.   For now you can go directly here.

Overview.png

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How about a pdf manual?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We're working on a portable HTML version of the wiki but I don't have an ETA for that.  Its going to be delivered through the community working through me.

We had initially tried the PDF methodology but it simply doesn't work.  The wiki is designed to help walk you through all the required steps. See below for an example from the Perimeter solution:

1. collect the raw materials from the end device,
  2. process and correct them efficiently,
  3. install the content
  4. Test/compare your event stream
  5. work through event management

WikiPageLayout.jpg

Considering we have customers with differing products, the PDF would simply grow uncontrollably...  I think the static HTML pages will resolve the major problem caused by the wiki installation.  Thoughts?

/J

edit: spelling, punctuation

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I understand and did take a quick try at installing the Wiki on one of my test boxes, but that failed. I will try again. Really would love this to be easier. We are going to be rolling out 6.8 very soon and certainly want to explore Activate.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Easy is our goal, we certainly don't want to scare people away.  I also don't want to hold on to this while we perfect it.

Either way... One of our all-stars put together this guide to help everyone out.  I'm sure you'll be impressed and up and running in no time.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks John,

I will try again as my job as an IT security guy affords me plenty of spare time.   Seriously, those were the instructions that I followed, but certainlly I will try again, hopefully sometime soon.

Portable HTML would be great.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok,

So I'm following directions exactly-get to the step Install makecache and get this:

[root@activatewiki yum.repos.d]# yum makecache

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock error was

12: Timeout on http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds')

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again

Determining fastest mirrors

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock error was

12: Timeout on http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds')

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

[root@activatewiki yum.repos.d]#

I am able to connect to the centos.org server frfom the new wiki box

PING centos.org (85.12.30.227) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=84.0 ms

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=84.1 ms

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=84.0 ms

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=84.0 ms

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=5 ttl=47 time=84.0 ms

64 bytes from 85.12.30.227: icmp_seq=6 ttl=47 time=84.1 ms

Any ideas?? is this just a slow mirror?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Allen, I'm really sorry to hear you are running into these issues. 

I tried pulling the file down with firefox and my test system has the same settings. in CentOS-Base.repo

Maybe you can try with wget for a better transport error. Do you have this running through a network with a proxy?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey John,

My internet goes through a Bluecoat box.

I’ll try again today.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.